Region 8 Chapter Chair Meeting of the IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques Society was held on October 9, 2017 in conjunction with the European Microwave Conference in Nürnberg, Germany.
European Microwave Week 2017 opened the doors of the Nürnberg Convention Center (NCC) to the RF and microwave community from Sunday the 8th to Friday the 13th of October, 2017.
The lifeblood of the event was three conferences: the 47th European Microwave Conference (EuMC), the 12th European Microwave Integrated Circuits Conference (EuMIC) and the 14th European Radar Conference (EuRAD), not forgetting the European Microwave Exhibition and complementary workshops, short courses and seminars.
Agenda of the Chapter Chair Meeting included:
|1. Opening and welcome by|
Jan Macháč, Region 8
|2. Distinguished Microwave |
|3. Address by MGA Chair|
|4. Introduction of EuMW by|
Genera l Chair Arne Jacob.
|5. Address by President of |
AP-S Ahmed A. Kishk
|6. Address by President of |
MTT-S Dylan Williams.
|7. Young Professionals by|
|8. What Chapter Chairs should|
know by Jan Macháč.
|9. Discussion – best practices |
moderated by Daniel Pasquet.
|10. Poster session during the |
The meeting was followed by a presentation by Magdalena Salazar Palma: History of radars.
Kateryna Ivanko was a representative of the IEEE Ukraine Section (Kyiv) ED/MTT/EP/SSCS/COM Societies Joint Chapter and made a report about chapter’s activities.
- Chapter Chair Meeting at the occasion of the EuMW 2018 in Madrid, Spain, September 24, 2018
- IEEE Women in Engineering International Leadership Conference in San Jose, California, May 21-22, 2018
- Chapter Chair Meeting at the occasion of the EuMW 2017 in Nürnberg, Germany, October 9, 2017
- IEEE First Ukraine Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering, Kyiv, Ukraine, May 29- June 2, 2017
- EMEA Region Chapter Chairs Congress in Paris, France, 20-21 May 2017