Date: August 27, 2016, 9:00-17:00
Location: hall “Borysfen”, Hotel “Dnipro”, Kyiv, Ukraine
The IEEE Ukraine Section organized and held a Section Executive Committee Meeting in Kyiv, a beautiful historical city and the capital of Ukraine, on August 27, 2016.
The Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer, and Secretary of IEEE Ukraine Section and 13 IEEE volunteers from Kyiv, Lviv, Kharkiv, Vinnitsya and Ternopil represented both the Section Operation Committee and the IEEE Ukraine Section chapters and affinity groups. Kateryna Ivanko was a representative of the IEEE Ukraine Section (Kyiv) ED/MTT/CPMT/SSCS/COM Societies Joint Chapter.
The main goals of the meeting were:
– Aspects of legal representation and registration of IEEE in Ukraine: establishing the Public Union “IEEE Ukraine Section”;
-Coordination of the conferences: the rules and recommendations of the Ukrainian Section for IEEE conferences in Ukraine;
– IEEE First Ukrainian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (UKRCON);
– Students membership development;
– Activity of Student Branches;
– Work with industry partners;
– The educational activity and professional activity;
– Membership Development;
– Other activities and events.